Founded by Managing Director David Beardow, REM Engineering is a long-established business with a solid international reputation. The company has grown steadily and today, we are proud to have many long-standing business relationships, which we hope is a reflection of the first class service we provide. People tell us they enjoy working with us because we are approachable and team-minded yet totally professional in our procedures. In 2003, the company obtained ISO 9001 accreditation, a standard that is maintained to date.
Unlike many machinery-moving companies, our offices put us within easy reach of most major industrial areas in the UK. Manchester airport is less than 12 miles and there are ports within 50 miles giving access to international destinations.
Our primary aim is to bring our three core values – professionalism, productivity and partnership – to our working relationship with your company.
- We have a code of conduct that encourages staff at all levels to behave in a professional manner, having regard for the expectations of our clients and colleagues.
- Our operatives always know what is required of them and our methods and policies will be agreed and communicated to your company.
- We invest heavily in training and personal development and work hard to produce meaningful training programmes for our staff.
- Our management system has been developed to deliver continuous performance improvement for each of our contracts.
- We provide innovate solutions to service delivery based on knowledge gained during our initial visit to your premises, adapted during the allocation of resources stage and then constantly re-adapted to meet the challenge of your changing needs.
- We redesign the way the work is carried out to bring the best industry standards to the contract.
- We provide solutions linked to productivity measurement.
- We arrange multi-skilling of staff to increase job satisfaction, minimise unproductive time and increase the depth of cover.
- We seek mutual objectives, understanding your aims and aspirations and setting these as joint objectives for the management of the contract.
- We strive for openness; an honest approach to costing and pricing with a totally open book system of accounting.
- We share risks and benefits; working together to trial and develop innovative solutions to service delivery to the benefit of our clients.
Our experience of industrial sectors includes:
Food and drink | Chemical Industry | Petrochemicals | Construction | Engineering | Utilities | Manufacturing | Pharmaceuticals | Plastics | Printing | Packaging | Automotive